Semifreddo is the name given for the Italian “semi-ice cream”, a sort of ice cream which isn’t so icy and has a higher fat content than the others. Furthermore, the freezing temperature is lower, closer to 23°F (-5 °C), and its consistency also is much more viscous – which can be consumed in the winter, for example. So why not use ingredients with high fat content and turn this recipe on a semifreddo keto-friendly? For this, I present you the wonderfully quick and easy Avocado Semifreddo with Coconut and Macadamia Nuts!
It is a very simple recipe that involves just few ingredients, so it is easy to trace all the ingested macronutrients, an ideal condition for those who are following the ketogenic diet for a weight loss. Basically, as all the ingredients have a high proportion of fat, this recipe becomes quite versatile and you just have to put in the freezer until it reaches the desired consistency, and that is the secret of the “ketogenic semifreddo”.
The macadamia nut is one of the nuts with higher fat content, which makes it perfect for ketogenic recipes! The consistency of the Macadamia is also something that adds quite peculiar to the end, unmistakable dish! The “queen nuts” is also responsible for the crispness, and maked this recipe very sophisticated.
- 1 un Avocado – medium (approx. 150g)
- 5 fl.oz. (150ml) Coconut Milk or Almond Milk;
- 1 oz (30g) Coconut meat – grated
- 1 oz (30g) Macadamias nuts;
- 1/3oz (10g) Erythritol – or some other sweetener of your choice;
- 1 tbsp (15ml) Coconut Oil (optional);
- 2 tbsp Whipped Cream (optional topping);
This recipe could not be more simple:
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl, using a a fork, until it reaches a “paste” consistency. This is where the recipe has its special touch, because due to large amount of fat present in the ingredients, it becomes very sensitive to low temperature, which makes change its creamy consistency.
- After mixing everything, take to the refrigerator or the freezer for a few minutes, about 10 to 15 minutes are enough to start changing the folder for a texture more like aspect with ice cream. Note that the ingredients was also listed the Coconut Oil, a powerful thickener in this type of revenue, and therefore can be dosed according to taste. For a more pareceido respect to the mass of ice, it can mix up the same amount of butter heated gently in a water bath to achieve a liquid consistency.
- Add some topping (optional): 2 tbsp Whipped Cream tablespoons
- Take it to the freezer until it reacher the desirable consistency. For a very creamy texture, I suggest about 20min freezing.
- Buon Appetito!
And in a few minutes, there is the highly ketogenic semifreddo, a very practical and easy recipe to do at any time!
Like it? Did some different variation? Tell us in the comments!